I am going to define that in such way that, it will help to infer for the nontechnical reader. A CMS is a Content Management System and it’s simply a system which helps to organize the contents of websites.
A content may be anything that exists on a website. It may be some text, images, videos, documents and other things. To manage it, we Need a CMS. I wrote a blog which defines the features of a good CMS and How to choose the Best CMS for your Website.
What is CMS Portal Development?
A CMS Portal is a gateway to enter your Content Management System. Based on needs we may have different types of CMS and so we need different types of CMS portals. What CMS Portal is the best for your website is a big question and it depends upon what type of content that you have.
There are different types of web portals as-
1) Personal portals: It provides personalized abilities to its visitors, providing a way to other content.
2) Government web Portal: Those portals are created by the Government for the citizens
3) Corporate web portals: Those portals are for the companies to manage their data and other information.
4) Stock portals:Those are used in the stock market to provide information to shareholders.
5) Search portals: Those portals are created to manage the search results into one web page.
6) Hosted web portals: Those portals are for the companies those who provides hosting services.
7) Domain-specific portals: Those portals are for a specific user in a specific domain.
There are more different types of portals based on the website and uses.
So we need a CMS Portal Developer to develop the portals to give you a better user interface and to put all the things together that you need to see.
It’s quite puzzling how to choose a good CMS Portal Development Service for your website. Choose wisely and it is good to have some expert opinion. Things to remember are
1) What type of website you are having?
2) What the things you need to manage?
So tell us, how you are going to choose a right CMS?